Sunday, February 12, 2006

Deb Goes to Kansas -- and Stays!




I met Deb in our little town in SE Colorado the summer before I was to start a new school for 4th grade. She and her sister were playing on a playscape -- LJ being somewhat of a prairie town, the playscape was actually a stagecoach, which was pretty cool and fun. And then when I went to this new school on the first day -- there she was -- in my class.

After HS we sort of lost touch until recently. She now lives in Kansas and among other things, takes some very beautiful photos -- this sunrise being one of them.

This card was postmarked from Wichita, Kansas on Feb. 8, 2006. The stamp is an appropriate one for Valentines Day -- two birds beak to beak forming a heart.

Excerpts from the back of the card:

". . . A postcard for your collection. I took this one looking east towards Wichita. We have some great sunrises out here in the flatlands. . ."

With sunrises like that, no wonder she stayed in KS.

One corner of the card got a bit bungled during transit, but because of that, I did notice a teeny windmill in the lower right corner that I might not have seen before.

Nothing to snark about here, but I'm sure that one of these days I'll get snarkable material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home